We provide professional trademark services for clients
Trademarks, as important intangible property, are undoubtedly of great significance to business survival and development. King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) has a global team of experienced attorneys to help protect clients’ trademarks and brands. With excellent educational background and down-to-earth work ethics, our attorneys are committed to providing clients with comprehensive and results-oriented legal advice. Our partners are known in major directories as leaders in their respective fields for their ambitious, disciplined, yet innovative service philosophy.
“The full-service law firm benefits from its general practice and global affiliates to offer watertight service, resulting in a stellar reputation,” World Trademark Review commented.
Our domestic and international clients operate across a range of sectors including finance and insurance, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), pharmaceuticals and healthcare, biology, hotels and leisure, entertainment, information technology, media and telecommunications, food and beverage, education, fashion, retail, energy, real estate, and automotive and aircraft manufacturing.
We provide professional copyright support for clients
Our attorneys understand the copyright law, business logics and clients’ industries. They develop and implement strategies for clients to protect and manage copyrights, preventing and controlling infringement risks. Crucially, these are innovative and pragmatic strategies and solutions designed to fit clients’ business objectives and realities.
We help Chinese and international companies of different sizes to manage their copyright portfolios. Our clients come from various industries, including publishing, media, music, film and television, architectural design, artwork, industrial manufacturing, clothing and jewelry and the internet.
We advise on:
- Trademark and brand protection strategies
- Management and maintenance of trademark database
- Trademark retrieval, monitoring and evaluation
- Applications for trademark registration, licensing, assignment and changes
- Trademark opposition, review, invalidation and cancellation
- Trademark administrative litigation
- Market and company surveys, and due diligence
- Enforcement of trademark rights through administrative and judicial channels
- Copyright registration
- Computer software copyright registration
- Copyright management and maintenance and response to disputes
- Copyright contract drafting and counseling
- Enforcement of copyright through administrative and judicial channels
- Trademark and copyright customs registration
- Domain name registration and dispute resolution.