King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) family disputes team specialises in family wealth management and inheritance matters of family enterprises and high net worth families. We have a keen understanding of the characteristics and needs of family enterprises and high-net-worth families and provide them with customised and effective solutions.
We have a deep bench of experienced professionals focused on marriage and inheritance, commercial disputes, compliance and investigations, and judicial practices. With profound expertise and experience in marital and inheritance matters, our lawyers are able to provide family enterprises and high net worth families with constructive and practical legal advice and solutions.
Taking into account the characteristics of market environment, business goals, property structure, family relationships, family background, public opinion, and other objective and subjective factors, we can comprehensively and objectively assess the potential or actual marriage and inheritance risks and crises our clients may face, and assist clients in resolving crisis or disputes through negotiation, litigation, and arbitration, etc.
Our services include
Marital and family crisis response and dispute resolution
We assist clients in responding to personal or property-related crises in marital and family relationships. We assist in the resolution of disputes, based on the needs of important members of family enterprises or high net worth families, including:
- Pre-marital and marital property disputes
- Marital crisis and divorce disputes
- Post-divorce property disputes
- Custody disputes for children born in or out of wedlock
- Property disputes between family members
- Disputes over custody of family members and property escrow
- Disputes over the separation of property of related family members in cohabitation
- Disputes over claims and debts between families and third parties
Crisis response and dispute resolution in family wealth inheritance
We assist important members of family enterprises or high net worth families in dealing with various disputes arising from wealth inheritance. Our services cover:
- Advice on inheritance
- Disputes over heirship, validity of wills and legacy maintenance agreements, etc.
- Disputes over estates between heirs
- Property disputes arising from inheritance between heirs and other family members
- Property disputes between the decedent and related creditors and debtors and other third parties
- Estate administration disputes
- Disputes relating to family enterprises such as disputes over changes in control of family enterprises arising from the wealth inheritance
Crisis response and dispute resolution in international marriage inheritance
We assist important members of family enterprises or high net worth families in dealing with personal and property disputes in cross-border/cross-region marriage and inheritance. Our services cover:
- Advice on international marriage inheritance
- International divorce disputes
- Property disputes in relation to international marriage
- International inheritance disputes
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments on family disputes