King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) has always been a leader in domestic arbitration, and is one of the firms handling the largest number of domestic arbitration cases in the country
We have special expertise in handling complex high-value commercial arbitration cases.
Relying on our effective management system, we are able to allocate resources of all practice groups and offices, to ensure constructive and practical dispute solutions, contentious or non-contentious, can be provided in all matters
Our dispute resolution team, familiar with the procedures of Chinese arbitration institutions and the thinking of arbitrators in handling cases, is highly recognized by clients and peers. Many of our team members are partners and lawyers who have years of experience in major domestic arbitration institutions. In addition, many partners have served as arbitrators of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Beijing Arbitration Commission (BAC), China Maritime Arbitration Commission (CMAC), Shanghai Arbitration Commission (SAC), Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA) and other major domestic arbitration institutions.
In recent years, we have represented Chinese and foreign clients in thousands of arbitration cases in relation to mergers and acquisitions, investment, joint venture, banking and finance, securities, real estate, infrastructure, construction projects, energy, international trade, intellectual property rights, and entertainment and sports, before CIETAC, BAC, CMAC, SAC, SCIA and other Chinse arbitration institutions.
In addition, we have also handled a large number of judicial proceedings related to arbitration, including cases concerning property preservation, confirmation of the validity of arbitration agreements, revocation of arbitral awards, and enforcement/non-enforcement of arbitration awards.
Focusing on the needs of clients and the case itself, we often propose creative and alternative solutions such as settlement and mediation for our clients to effectively resolve disputes at an early stage, safeguarding the rights and interests of clients, resolving disputes and controlling risks.
Our domestic arbitration services include
- Drafting arbitration agreements
- Assisting in formulating overall strategy and planning for arbitration procedures
- Reviewing case materials and assisting in sorting out facts
- Assisting in collecting, analysing, sorting out and submitting relevant evidence
- Doing legal research and providing legal advice and suggestions
- Assisting in the designation of arbitrators
- Representing clients in arbitration proceedings, drafting all arbitration documents and participating in court hearings
- Assisting in the formulation of arbitration settlement/mediation strategies and assisting in settlement negotiations
- Representing clients in property preservation and other preservation proceedings related to arbitration cases
- Representing clients in cases confirming the validity of arbitration agreements
- Representing clients in cases revoking arbitral awards
- Representing clients in cases applying for enforcement/non-enforcement of arbitral awards