Tailored compliance plans for your business
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is one of a few Chinese law firms that has a dedicated compliance and corporate governance team. The team consists of senior partners with nearly thirty years of practice experience and lawyers with broad expertise in criminal and administrative laws. Our lawyers have all been educated overseas and have a deep understanding of corporate governance and operations. This diverse background enables the team to advise clients on large complex compliance and corporate governance matters.
Our team has advised on compliance system building, compliance investigations, and crisis response. We have worked with clients across industries such as pharmaceuticals, energy, internet, telecommunications, media, entertainment, high-tech, finance, and investment. Our clients include large state-owned groups, local state-owned enterprises, listed companies, Fortune Global 500 enterprises, and multinational companies and private businesses that have a strong presence at home and abroad. With extensive experience counselling businesses, we develop in-depth knowledge of their internal management process and effective communication with people at all levels to carry out a project smoothly.
We help clients respond to the investigations by Chinese government authorities and industry regulators. We also assist clients in investigations and sanctions imposed by the World Bank and other multilateral development banks.
We assist clients in handling crises in a bid to safeguard their legitimate rights and interests. We also tailor a compliance strategy for clients to build a compliance system to prevent similar risks. We provide clients with comprehensive investigation and compliance legal services, including:
- Representing clients in dealing with investigations by multilateral development banks and facilitating settlements
- Assisting companies sanctioned by multilateral development banks to establish a compliance system for relief from sanctions
- Assessing the effectiveness of corporate compliance systems as an appraiser recognised by multilateral development banks
- Assisting companies in dealing with administrative investigations and penalty cases
- Assisting companies in coping with crises arising from negative public opinions
- Developing a comprehensive corporate compliance system
- Carrying out special identification and assessment on corporate compliance risks, and assessment on the effectiveness of a compliance system
- Day-to-day compliance consulting and training services.