Clients rely on our disputes lawyers for commercial, expert advice
In litigation and arbitration, King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) offers legal advisory services, business risk consultancy, and management solutions to help clients mitigate business risks and improve profitability.
Our clients include Chinese companies and multinational corporations across various industries, major financial institutions, as well as governments, and individuals. We advise on potential disputes arising major corporate and financial transactions. We provide practical solutions to complex disputes and assist clients in achieving their business objectives.
We represent clients in civil and commercial disputes before the Chinese people’s courts at all levels, and in domestic and international arbitration proceedings. Several of our partners serve as arbitrators at the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), the Beijing Arbitration Commission and other arbitral institutions. They have extensive experience in dealing with arbitration proceedings before arbitral institutions in the Hong Kong SAR, Singapore, London, Switzerland, and Stockholm.
- Advising on disputes arising from the establishment, investment, operation and dissolution of a company, including litigation, consulting and strategy-designing
- Representing clients in litigation and arbitration cases in China
- Representing clients in international arbitration cases
- Pre-litigation and investigation advice, and consultation services
- Legal advisory services to mitigate transactional and operational risks
- Advising on disputes over negotiable instruments, including confirmation of the invalidity and the right of recourse of negotiable instruments, letter of credit fraud, and letter of credit negotiation