Few law firms in China have a dedicated team for anti-bribery and anti-corruption law
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is one of a few Chinese law firms that has a dedicated anti-bribery and compliance team. The team consists of senior partners with nearly thirty years of experience and lawyers with broad expertise in criminal and administrative laws. Our lawyers all have overseas law school experience and have a deep understanding of corporate governance and operations. This diverse background enables the team to advise clients on complex commercial bribery, duty crime, and other related matters.
Our team has advised on anti-bribery and compliance matters for clients across various industries such as pharmaceuticals, internet, telecommunications, media, entertainment, high-tech, finance, and investment. Our clients include large state-owned enterprises, well-known domestic and foreign internet companies, large listed companies, and Fortune Global 500 enterprises.
With extensive understanding of various industries, we help clients address commercial bribery and compliance issues by quickly pinpointing such issues and management loopholes, thereby effectively protecting their legitimate rights and interests.
Our expertise and practical experience enable us to advise on a full range of anti-bribery compliance matters, including:
- Anti-bribery and compliance due diligence on business partners
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance system building
- Prevention of malpractices and duty crimes
- Corporate internal anti-bribery and anti-malpractice investigations and handling
- Representing clients in administrative investigation and penalty cases
- Representing clients in bribery, duty crime and other criminal cases
- Assisting companies in dealing with the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations
- Day-to-day compliance consulting and training services, and management rules drafting and reviewing.