King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) has a dedicated team of lawyers specialised in administrative disputes
Our team comprises professionals and scholars with solid expertise and rich practical experience in administrative law, and senior associates who have practised for many years. In addition, thanks to our integrated management, we are able to quickly mobilise the right lawyers in different practice areas and even in different locations to provide comprehensive legal services for our clients, when they are faced with issues concerning other practice areas in an administrative dispute.
Our lawyers excel in dealing with difficult and complex administrative disputes, and understand what lies behind the judgment of an administrative case and the schools of thought in related fields. We are committed to helping clients achieve their goals by developing strategies through various different approaches in administrative review, litigation or other proceedings.
KWM has represented clients in administrative disputes in relation to
- Administrative registration, licensing and penalties by natural resources authorities;
- Administrative penalties, registration and handling by market regulation authorities;
- Administrative penalties by the banking, insurance and securities regulatory authorities and foreign exchange authorities;
- Administrative licensing and penalties by food and drug regulatory authorities;
- Administrative penalties by environmental protection authorities;
- Levy and imposition of taxes and administrative agreements by local governments;
- Administrative enforcement measures and administrative penalties by public security departments;
- Administrative imposition and punishment by tax authorities;
- Administrative penalties by customs authorities.
Our legal services include
- Representing clients in administrative litigation proceedings;
- Representing clients in administrative review proceedings;
- Representing clients in application for government information disclosure;
- Representing clients in administrative compensation matters;
- Responding to administrative investigations and obtaining of administrative licenses on behalf of administrative counterparts;
- Advising government authorities on administrative legislation, administrative regulation, and other matters.