Specialist advisor on data compliance solutions in the smart age
As one of the first law firms in China to advise on cybersecurity, data compliance & governance issues, King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is highly recognised by clients for its comprehensive and tailor-made services in the field.
Backed by a multidisciplinary team of lawyers, KWM provides services for well-known domestic and foreign multinational corporations, industrial companies, and emerging Internet companies. KWM also provides services for other clients in such areas as banking and finance, insurance, medical technology, automobile manufacturing, autonomous driving, smart mobility, smart devices/home furnishings, e-commerce, hotels and travel, energy and construction, cloud computing, air transportation, household chemicals, advertising and marketing, entertainment and social applications.
With profound legal research and practice capabilities and a broad global platform, KWM offers seamless data compliance services for clients across key regions globally and comprehensive solutions proven by best industry practices.
Focusing on the evolving demand for legal services arising from industrial transformation, KWM’s cybersecurity, data compliance & governance team can identify and fully understand the dynamic regulatory trends in the industry. Taking into consideration network, data, and intelligence factors, our team is committed to helping businesses develop legally compliant digitalised business plans. KWM strives to establish itself as an active data compliance think tank and a specialist advisor for top-level design in the smart age.
Our practice is highly related to network, data and intelligence, the three major aspects of digital economy, specifically
We assist clients in enhancing network and system security capability
- Construction and authentication of security mechanisms for network information systems
- Security planning for intranet software and hardware
- Response to cybersecurity enquiries and inspections
- Response planning for cybersecurity incidents and relevant investigations
We provide clients with tailored data compliance and asset-based governance solution packages
- Comprehensive data risk verification, compliance gap analysis and control solutions
- Meeting data fusion needs and completing enterprise data asset fixing and compliance governance
- Data compliance risk assessment and authentication advice (on GDPR, CCPA, etc.) in multiple jurisdictions
- Designing global business compliance solutions to cross-border data transfer
- Compliance advisory service for new credit regulation system
- TMT and new infrastructure business solutions
We assist clients in realising big data and intelligent business operations
- Compliance advisory service for cutting-edge technologies including artificial intelligence and cross-regulatory responses in key areas
- Assessment and optimization of the business operation and legal compliance strategy for big data & AI products.