King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is a leader in the project financing market
We have provided constructive and creative legal advice for international and industry leaders in projects around the world. Some industries we have advised in are energy, real estate, mining and metals, transportation, port construction, water treatment and other infrastructure, and manufacturing.
With its global presence and vast resources, KWM provides a seamless all-inclusive service in the UK, Europe, Commonwealth of Independent States, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, Australia, USA, and Latin America. We represent the full spectrum of project participants, including project financiers, sponsors, project companies, contractors, government agencies, multilateral agencies, and supranational organisations.
We are deeply involved in all aspects of project finance, providing relevant guarantee schemes and integrated service solutions. Some of our project finance services include project structuring, legal due diligence, risk allocation, financing availability review and financing arrangements (bank and bond) on a global scale.
We often play a central role in major cross-border financing projects. Because of our extensive experience in this field, we can provide an insightful, in-depth broad and package of legal services to ensure that our clients navigate the complex Chinese and foreign regulatory systems and transactions.
We advise on all aspects of project financing, including:
- Establishing project companies
- Environmental due diligence, risk analysis and compliance
- Legal due diligence
- Reviewing financing availability of projects
- Designing financing and guarantee structures
- Drafting project documents, participating in negotiations and assisting in project closing
- Drafting the security documentation
- Tax issues including preferential tax treatment
- Foreign exchange controls
- Approvals, registrations and coordination with government authorities
- Sanctions and compliance
- Dispute resolution