Pablo Tejerizo is a Partner in the Tax team of King & Wood Mallesons in Spain. Graduated in law Degree in 2004, Pablo has a proven, and solid experience advising in all tax matters affecting his clients.
In particular, he has broad experience advising on M&A transactions, Fund structuring projects, Corporate Tax returns’ reviews, as well as on Net Wealth Tax Planning projects.
Pablo also has a consolidated and successful experience working with clients on tax procedures such as tax audits and tax litigation (e.g. appeals, etc.).
As regards sectors, he has in-depth credentials in the energy, industrial, infrastructure, real estate and private equity sectors, as well as in the football industry.
Some of the clients he has advised include, among others, EDP Group, IB Vogt, Arcano Capital, Portobello Capital, Inmomutua, MCH Private Equity, Capital Dynamics, Qualitas Equity Partners, All Iron Ventures, Access Capital Partners, YielCo Investments, Asterion Industrial Partners, Kanoar Ventures, and Omega Gestión.
- Advice on the tax matters related to the latest private equity funds launched by, among others, Asterion Industrial Partners, Arcano Capital, Portobello Capital, Miura Private Equity, MCH Private Equity, Qualitas Equity Partners, Q-Energy, Magnum Industrial Partners, Bestinver, Abante, Nazca Capital, All Iron Ventures and Omega Gestión.
- Advice to various Funds of Funds on the implementation of the Spanish tax transparency regime (régimen de atribución de rentas) related to their investment in international tax transparent Funds.
- Advice to Harbourvest on the tax matters related with the secondary acquisition of the portfolio of Kibo Ventures Fund I.
- Advice to Capital Dynamics on the tax aspects of its investments in several SICC companies managed by the private equity firm Moira Capital Partners.
- Advice to EDP Group on the tax matters related with its investments and divestments in the Spanish energy sector, including the tax structuring of the €2.5 billion sale of Nortegas (formerly Naturgas); and the tax structuring of the €550 million sale of a portfolio of 23 onshore wind projects in Spain, Portugal, France and Belgium.
- Advice to the e-learning company Luca Learning on an investment round.
- Advice to the shareholders of Centro Europeo de Estudios Profesionales on the tax matters related to the sale of the company to Magnum Industrial Partners.
- Advice to Portobello Capital on the tax structuring of several secondary transactions.
- Ongoing advice to one of the top football clubs of La Liga on all its tax matters, including, tax advice related with the football players’ transactions (acquisition of federative rights, agents’ fees, transfers and assignments of players, image rights, dismissals, etc.); tax litigation and investigations; corporate tax; indirect taxation, local taxes; etc.
- Advice to several entities of the energy, infrastructure and private equity sectors on their tax procedures initiated by the Spanish tax authorities (including advising on the tax audits themselves as well as preparing the corresponding appeals before the Spanish economic and jurisdictional Courts).
- Advising private clients (both individuals and family offices) on their personal tax issues. The work in this area includes the advice on financial instruments and investment management; advice on inheritance planning and acquisitions; donations; family business successions planning; and real estate investments.