Nigel Hunt heads King & Wood Mallesons’ Perth M&A Corporate team and he is recognised as a market leading practitioner in M&A. Nigel’s practice covers M&A, IPOs, fund raising related matters and corporate law advice with a particular focus on resources companies, complex transactions and cross-border deals.
Nigel is a past member of the Board and International Management Committee of the firm and is currently Partner In Charge of the Perth office.
Nigel's work highlights include
- Regis Resources: advising on its acquisition of an interest in the Tropicana Gold Mine and the associated equity raising to partially fund the acquisition.
- Auswest: advised Brickworks on the disposal of its WA Auswest subsidiaries.
- Perth Radiological Clinic: restructure and minority interest sale to Allegro Funds.
- Immersive Technologies: advising the shareholders of Immersive Technologies on the sale of the business to Komatsu Ltd.
- BESIX Group: advising on the successful takeover of Watpac Ltd.
- Opus Group: advising Opus on the first successful delisting of an Australian-listed company from the ASX to be made in conjunction with the listing on the HKEX of a Bermudan holding entity.
- South32: providing corporate governance advice, including on a review of the governance system structure, committee charters and a range of ongoing governance matters.
- Confidential clients: advising on major cross-border restructuring matters and group simplification.