Michelle is the Executive Director of Innovation and is responsible for the design and delivery of both the innovation and transformation strategies and portfolios. Including legal service design, digital strategy, the application of artificial intelligence, future-readiness and innovation thought leadership. Also, Michelle leads KWM's Digital Transformation strategy and execution.
Michelle is passionate about efficiency, and change that adds value, she is a serial intrapreneur. Over the last 20 years, Michelle has grown a robust global network of clients and contacts where she has been able to execute many ideas into impact successfully. Michelle lives by the mantra "everything is possible" and practices a management style that integrates decades of proven innovation experience for her clients. Michelle's down to earth approach ensures not only her clients are at ease, but also empowers the industry colleagues she mentors.
Her career has included many first to market initiatives, and she has received many awards and accolades. In global recognition of her market-leading work in 2013, Michelle was one of the first Australians inducted as a Fellow to the International College of Law and Practice Management. In 2017 she was awarded by her peers the International Legal Technology Association Distinguished Peer Leadership Award.
Michelle has a diverse and unique knowledge base, where she combines her strategy and business management with numerous disciplines. Including she is an Accredited Associate Fellow of AIM, an experienced legal technologist, a certified Prince 2 Project Manager, a certified Prosci Change Manager, a Stanford school Design Thinker as well as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Michelle holds several Advisory Board appointments for MIT and global legal technology companies.
Michelle has a diverse body of work which includes:
- Innovation – designing and delivering learning experiences; leading the legal design lab including service design; managing the portfolio of KWM Digital products; identifying, testing and selecting new LegalTech; application of our experimentation methodology and future readiness planning.
- Transformation – execution of the digital transformation programme including the three delivery streams together with associated systemic and cultural initiatives.
- Global Change – leading and designing a global change programme.
- Legal Logistics – leading the Applied Legal Technology, Legal Process Outsourcing and Legal Project Management strategies and teams.
- Technology & Data - an extensive background in designing, selecting, implementing and project managing technology-driven data rich approaches for litigations, transactions and contract management.
- Litigation Technology - training and education programs for the judiciary, authoring technology standards for commissions, contributing to the drafting of numerous Supreme Court Practice Notes, making recommendations for technology standards in multi-party disputes.
- Michelle is a member of the Project Management Institute, an alum of Stanford d.school, a member of International Legal Technology Association, a Fellow of the College of Law and Practice Management. Advisory Board appointments for MIT and global legal technology companies.