Katherine has extensive front end project development experience with a particular emphasis on major infrastructure delivery and operations. Katherine specialises in the negotiation and documentation of contractual arrangements for major projects including EPC, EPCM, ECI, D&C and O&M contracts, Head contracts, procurement and supply agreements, Katherine's practice extends to large scale public infrastructure and she has significant experience in relation to PPPs (acting for both financiers and consortiums) on a range of projects for Perth Stadium, roads, trains and rail infrastructure, hospitals, prisons, schools, water treatment and desalination plants around Australia.
Katherine advises in relation to all aspects of project delivery from risk analysis, project planning and strategy, project structuring and procurement options, development of appropriate contractual delivery structures, risk assessment and allocation, tendering and bid assessment, contract preparation and negotiation. She also provides contract administration, claims management and strategy advice and disputes assistance including in relation to the CCA.
Katherine acts for a range of clients including government, universities, owners, contractors, financiers and industry professionals, with a focus on providing commercially tailored solutions on high value and complex construction and development projects. Prior to joining KWM, Katherine worked at the State Solicitor's Office in Perth.
Katherine's work highlights include:
- EcoGraf: Advising on the preparation of an EPC contract with GR Engineering Services for the construction of a 15,000tpa graphite processing plant in Kwinana, Western Australia.
- Aurizon: advising as lead partner on its West Pilbara Iron Ore Project in relation to the development and operation of a rail and port facility including preparation of the infrastructure development agreement and infrastructure services agreement for the provision of a pit to port supply chain and the development of procurement, Early works, construction and EPC tender packages; assessment of bids and preparation of key project development and services arrangements.
- Transmission Gully: advising CPB Contractors as builder in relation to the construction of the TG PPP project.
- Royal North Shore Hospital (Torrens Health Partnership (Infrashore): acting for the winning consortium in relation to the negotiation and preparation of soft and hard facilities management contracts for the Royal North Shore Hospital Redevelopment PPP.
- Woodside: Advising in relation to a tender for a gas processing plant.