Chris provides leading legal advice on Australia's most high-profile real estate, construction and infrastructure transactions.
He has extensive experience in property and infrastructure development in the public and private sector. This includes major transport infrastructure projects, PPP projects, large scale residential developments, urban redevelopment programs, alliancing contracting, facilities management, joint ventures and advising in relation to government development agreements.
Chris has earned a strong reputation for his dedicated work ethic practising in property and infrastructure development.
Chris' work highlights include:
- Atlassian: development of the world's tallest hybrid timber building.
- Dexus and Frasers: A$2.5bn Central Place Sydney 150,000m2 premium office development.
- Mirvac: 90,000m2 combined office, retail and residential Harbourside Darling Harbour, Sydney development.
- Bridgewater Bridge: acting for the Government of Tasmania in relation to the design and construction of the second bridge crossing of the Derwent River, including market procurement, a dual ECI process and design and construct.
- North East Line Upgrade: acting for ARTC in relation to the A$240m upgrade to the Victorian North east Line (to 130km standard), including design and construction arrangements and operations and maintenance requirements.
- Central Station Precinct Development: the redevelopment of Central Station, Sydney's main rail, Metro and Light Rail hub, includes major infrastructure components such as the development of major pedestrian concourses, a new Metro station, a major integrated station development (150,000 m2 GFA).
- Chris acts for Transport for NSW and the NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet in relation to the precinct and all aspects of its development.
- Sydney Metro Greater West: metro rail system to Western Sydney Airport (Badgerys Creek) worth A$12bn including design and construction, negotiations with the Commonwealth, rail safety and accreditation, Commonwealth and NSW procurement processes, environmental processes (including EPBC Act, Airports Act and EPA).