Shannon Etwell specialises in construction, infrastructure, major projects and renewables.
Shannon has extensive experience in front end projects work and specialises in drafting and negotiating high value and complex project documentation, including PPP project deeds, EPC and EPCM contracts, D&C contracts, construction contracts, operation and maintenance agreements and offshore procurement agreements. He also provides advice on project structuring and risk management, contract administration and claims management, tender analysis, and advice on interface issues between construction, development and project finance documents.
Shannon acts for a range of clients across the infrastructure, energy and resources sectors, including energy companies, government departments, resources and mining companies, infrastructure developers, project sponsors, financiers and contractors.
Shannon's work highlights include:
- Inland Rail: advising ARTC on all aspects of the Gowrie to Kagaru PPP project and ARTC’s development agreement with the State of Queensland.
- Queens Wharf Development: advising Destination Brisbane Consortium on the construction of the multi-billion dollar Queens Wharf Integrated Resort Project in Brisbane.
- Lightsource BP: advising on all aspects of Lightsource BP’s development of its Wellington, Woolooga and Wyalong Solar Farms.
- APA Group: advising on the development of Orbost Gas Processing Plant, Badgingarra Wind and Solar Farms, Emu Downs Solar Farm, Diamantina Power Station, Leichardt Power Station, Georgina Power Station and Thomson Power Station.
- BHP Billiton: advising on the construction of new berths at Hay Point, BHP’s SCM21 overhaul program at Olympic Dam, the development of a new coal tailings processing plant at Peak Downs and BHP’s long term explosive supply arrangements.
- Kwinana Fertiliser Project: advising CBH Group on the development of a solid fertilizer and liquid urea ammonium nitrate fertilizer facility.
- Gold Coast Light Rail: advising CPB Contractors on its bid for Stage 3 of the Gold Coast Light Rail.
- Transurban: advising Transurban on the Gateway Upgrade North Project and its acquisition of WestConnex.