Samantha specialises in restructuring and insolvency, debt acquisition, financial services regulatory investigations and high-stakes strategic commercial dispute resolution. Samantha has a strong cross-border aspect to her restructuring and dispute resolution practices and has managed significant engagements for clients throughout the Asian region and globally.
Recent engagements include:
- acting for the Grocon Group in various strategic construction and financing litigation and the subsequent administration and deed of company arrangement of the Grocon Group.
- acting for an investor in multi-jurisdictional gold joint venture litigation • acting for creditors in relation to the Greensill administration.
- acting for various creditors and stakeholders in respect of Virgin Airlines Australia • acting for Pacific Hydro in relation to the German self-administration of Senvion Pty Ltd in complex cross-border litigation.
- acting for Multiplex and its associated entity as lead defendants in the proceeding commenced by the liquidators of the Hastie Group.
- acting for the liquidators of Fastline Logistics Pty Ltd in relation to a potential phoenix transaction.
- acting for the secured lenders to Caledon Coal in relation to the administration and liquidation of Caledon Coal.
Samantha is an INSOL International Fellow and the Victorian Chair of the Insolvency and Restructuring Law Committee of the Law Council of Australia.
Samantha is ranked in Chambers and is consistently recognised in Doyles and Best Lawyers - Insolvency and Reorganisation Law (Lawyer of the Year 2020) and Commercial Litigation.