Sam is an experienced litigator specialising in complex commercial disputes in relation to restructuring and insolvency, financial services, banking and finance, energy and resources, and consumer law.
Sam also has extensive regulatory experience, including investigations involving ASIC, the Corruption and Crime Commission and other large scale investigations.
Sam has been recognised for a number of years as a Leading Lawyer for Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution in Doyle's Guide of Leading Lawyers, and a Recommended lawyer for Restructuring & Insolvency in both Doyle's Guide of Leading Lawyers and Best Lawyers Australia.
Sam's work highlights include:
- Cladding class action: Acting for 3A Composites in the defence of a consumer law class action regarding cladding products in the FCA.
- Clough: Advising Deloitte as administrators and deed administrators in relation to the administration, sale and restructure of Clough.
- Grand Cinemas: Advising FTI as administrators of Grand Cinemas in relation to the administration and sale of key cinema assets to Hoyts.
- Probuild: Advising Deloitte as administrators and deed administrators in relation to the administration, sale and restructure of Probuild.
- Forex: Advising FTI as liquidators of Forex in relation to pursuing various assets and complicated legal claims on behalf of the creditors.
- Alita: Advising KordaMentha as administrators and deed administrators in relation to the administration, sale and restructure of Alita Resources.
- Auctus: Advising KordaMentha as administrators and deed administrators in relation to the restructure of the Auctus.
- Santanol: Acting for the minority interest holders in relation to an oppression claim in the WASC.
- Rainstorm: Acting for Rainstorm in defending estoppel and misleading and deceptive conduct claims in relation to a joint venture agreement in the FCA.
- Confidential client: Acting for employees of a substantial ASX listed mining company in relation to an ASIC investigation regarding international bribery allegations.