Philip Willox is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team in our Perth office, specialising in workplace relations and employment law, major incidents and safety, regulatory investigations and litigation.
Philip assists companies with their workplace relations and employment issues. He has significant experience in industrial relations strategy, bargaining, and managing and resolving industrial disputes. He has worked across many industries with clients assisting with human resources issues, including employment contracts and policies; terminations of employment; managing independent contractors; equal opportunity and discrimination issues; privacy and confidentiality; Executive contracts and remuneration; and resolving difficult workplace disputes and claims in tribunals and courts. He has conducted and advised on numerous workplace investigations and advised on the employment aspects of many commercial transactions and business restructures.
Philip has advised on numerous incidents involving fatalities, personal injury, and harm to the environment. He assists companies to comply with their health and safety obligations and to manage the range of issues that arise following HSE incidents. This includes dealing with regulatory requirements, managing stakeholders, investigations, inquiries, prosecutions, and civil litigation. He also advises on various health and safety issues, including legal compliance, regulatory notices, audits and reviews, contractual issues dealing with safety, the interaction between safety and workplace relations, fitness for work, and managing ill and injured employees.
Philip's work highlights include
- providing strategic advice on workplace instruments and union disputes, including negotiations for new enterprise agreements, bargaining and interpretation disputes, and managing industrial action.
- supporting blue-chip corporate clients with their most sensitive workplace investigations, both as investigator and advisor (including under whistle-blower policies and legislation) and advice on resolving complaints and disputes at senior levels.
- advising on numerous projects to ensure compliance with workplace instruments and laws, including award classification mapping, casual and contractor characterisation reviews, and payroll compliance audits.
- being called upon in relation to Workplace Health and Safety matters, including compliance advice, responding to incidents and acting in inquiries, prosecutions and civil litigation.
- called upon by clients for urgent bet the company advice, such as major regulatory investigations and such as response to the COVID-19 pandemic from a workplace health and safety and employment perspective.