Paul McBride has a broad banking and finance practice specialising in structured finance. He supports clients on securitisation, asset-based lending, derivatives and structured products across various asset classes and jurisdictions. Paul also advises on vanilla debt capital markets transactions.
Paul's clients include arrangers, originators, issuers, swap counterparties, rating agencies, lenders, borrowers and investors.
Paul's expertise includes:
- Securitisations backed by many asset types across jurisdictions including residential and commercial mortgage loans, personal loans, auto loans, credit card receivables, trade receivables, insurance receivables, floor plan receivables, corporate loans and bond portfolios.
- Asset based trade finance using documentary credits, lending, repurchase and prepayment funding structures.
- Establishment of and issues under series segregated secured MTN and vanilla MTN programs and ABCP and covered bond programs.
- Derivative master, credit support and trade documentation including ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA.
- Acting for ISDA in drafting product specific definitions.
- Corporate derivatives and equity, rates, FX, bond, commodity and credit derivatives including Asia's first property derivative.
- Cross border PRC financings.
- Straight corporate debt and equity-linked issues.
Based in Brisbane, he maintains an international practice building on his previous experience working in Hong Kong and Tokyo. Paul acts for international clients, particularly those with a presence in Hong Kong, Singapore, China and South Korea.
Client: “Paul McBride is one of those rare partners who delivers practical and sound advice.”