Areas of Practice
Ning Liu specializes in Corporate and Cross-border Mergers & Acquisitions.
Mr. Liu has over 20 years' experience in the areas of cross-border M&A, Capital Markets, and China outbound and inbound investment. He is a leading practitioner in the many field of corporate structuring, advising Chinese and international companies with respect to corporate aspects of outbound M&A, venture capital, private equity, and going private transactions, particularly in China, the United States, Turkey, Europe, and South East Asia.
Mr. Liu represents both public and private corporate clients on a wide range of M&A transactions, he also widely recognized by his customer in terms of industry experience and all aspects of transactions, involving energy and power, mining, medicine, e-commerce and Internet, education and commercial real estate.
Mr. Liu has advised on many high-profile transactions, including representing:
• China Machinery Engineering Corporation in its equity acquisition of a Turkish electricity distribution company and a Turkish electricity retail company;
• Danone S.A.'s settlement of a joint venture dispute with, and the transfer of equity interests in joint ventures to, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., Ltd.;
• Various U.S. listed companies (including Asiainfo-Linkage, Inc., and China TransInfo Technology Co., Ltd., among others) in privatization transactions;
• Simcere Pharmaceutical Group in connection with its strategic alliance with Merck & Co Inc., including an equity joint venture between Simcere and Merck;
• China Green Holdings Ltd. in its sale of interests in China Culiangwang Beverages Holdings Ltd. to the Coca-Cola Company; and
• International Finance Corporation's investment in certain wind power projects in Pakistan.
Ning Liu joined King & Wood Mallesons in 2019.
Prior to joining King & Wood Mallesons, Mr. Ning has practiced law at several major international law firms, including Shearman & Sterling, LLP; Simpson, Thatcher & Bartlett, LLP; Vinson & Elkins, LLP; and Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP.
Mr. Liu received an LL.M. (Master of Laws) from the University of Virginia School of Law. Prior to that, he obtained an M.J. (Master of Jurisprudence) from Peking University Law School.
Mr. Liu has been qualified to practice law in the State of New York since 2005.
Ning Liu's working languages are English and Chinese.