Liam advises financial institutions and corporate clients on class actions, regulatory inquiries and commercial litigation. Liam also advises on public law issues and chairs KWM’s human rights law group in Sydney. Liam has been recognised as a ‘Rising Star’ for class actions in the Legal 500 since 2019.
“He is an exceptional technical lawyer, who shows incredible diligence and acumen in every aspect of his role. He has a great skill of calmly explaining the ins and outs of complex litigation to many stakeholders across our organisation.” - Client feedback to Legal 500
Liam's work highlights include:
- Westpac: successful defence of ASIC’s ‘Wagyu and Shiraz’ responsible lending proceedings, described as by the AFR as “the most consequential piece of litigation the banking sector has faced for decades."
- Suncorp: COVID-19 business interruption insurance dispute.
- Successfully resolving an ASIC investigation in relation to alleged conflicted remuneration for an Australian investment platform provider.
- Successfully defending class action proceedings against Westpac relating to Westpac’s mortgage lending practices.
- Advising a private health insurer in relation to a commercial dispute.