Amanda Engels specialises in class actions, financial services, white collar crime issues, dispute resolution and regulatory investigations including investigations by ASIC, AUSTRAC and APRA.
Amanda has managed and advised a breadth of major corporate clients concerning contentious matters, regulatory disputes, white collar crime issues, statutory construction, the Corporations Act and contractual matters. Amanda also provides general advice to clients on investigations and regulatory matters. Amanda was the Lawyers Weekly Disputes Resolution Partner of the Year in 2020.
Amanda's work highlights include:
- NAB: Advising on the Consumer credit card class action against NAB and its former insurance business MLC alleging unconscionable conduct in relation to bundled insurance products. This represented a test case for the wider viability of mass unconscionability claims in relation to credit card insurance and other bundled insurance products.
- NAB: Acting in relation to the BBSW proceedings brought by ASIC as well as the ASIC investigation.
- Suncorp: Advising in relation to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.
- QBE: Advising in relation to a number of regulatory matters.
- Various: Advising clients in relation to internal investigations, and assisting with the management of frA$/misconduct investigations.