With the changing face of retail, King & Wood Mallesons has advised clients on repurposing retail assets and on making bold investments into their existing assets, to deliver a differentiated shopping experience.
We have market-leading retail experience having acted for owners, investors, developers, tenants and managers around Australia on the leasing, development or redevelopment, management, acquisition and sale of their assets.
Here’s a snapshot of the shopping centres, retail portfolios and commercial precincts we’ve worked on recently:
- Scentre Group: on its proposed development of a premium shopping centre as part of the A$2 billion Central Barangaroo project, a mixed use development adjoining Sydney Harbour.
- Irongate Group: on the A$210 million acquisition of majority interest in Rundle Mall Adelaide, a retail shopping complex in South Australia.
- Singapore investment fund: on the A$682 million joint venture with Charter Hall for the acquisition of a portfolio of 203 Ampol service stations across Australia.
- SPH REIT: on the A$670 million acquisition of a 50% interest in Westfield Marion, South Australia’s largest shopping centre; advising on the joint venture and property management arrangements with co-owner and manager Scentre.
- Singapore investment fund: on the A$1 billion property swap of a portfolio of some of Australia’s most iconic retail assets: a 50% interest in the Queen Victoria Building, the Strand Arcade, and the Galleries in Sydney for a 50% interest in Chatswood Chase Shopping Centre.