A market of the moment, with longevity
The industrial and logistics sector has shown the most resilience in the current market, driven by the growth in online retailing. Transactional activity has been particularly strong, and sale and leaseback structures have been the means by which corporate groups have monetised the value of assets whilst maintaining business operations.
Some of our recent experience includes:
- Dexus: advising on a joint venture with a Singapore investment fund to establish an A$2 billion unlisted logistics trust.
- Singapore investment fund: advising on the successful bid to acquire Blackstone’s A$3.8 billion Milestone Australian logistics property portfolio. We also acted for the underbidder consortium and its members on the Milestone competitive bid process.
- Qube Holdings Limited: advising on the sale to LOGOS consortium of A$1.67 billion industrial assets at Moorebank Logistics Park, Australia’s largest freight infrastructure project.
- Fife Capital: advising on A$825.5 million core logistics portfolio acquisition from Blackstone, including acquisition of interests in 19 core logistics properties located across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria.
- Australian Unity: advising on the sale and purchase of over A$250 million in industrial and office properties for its Diversified Property Fund.
- Frasers Industrial: on various major developments, transactions and fund structures involving significant industrial and logistics facilities around Australia.
- Infrastructure: helping the owners of Sydney Airport, Melbourne Airport, Port of Melbourne, Gladstone Ports Corporation and other airports and ports around Australia realise the value in their industrial land holdings.