Expert help in a changing environment
The healthcare sector in Asia Pacific is undergoing transformational change, with an ageing population and greater emphasis being placed on the need for quality patient care linked to consistent global medical advances.
Our reputation in the healthcare sector is built on a successful track record of advising leading Australian and international industry participants (investors and healthcare providers alike) on the sector’s largest and most challenging transactions. Our clients tell us that they most value the way we combine legal advice with a pragmatic approach that saves time and money, reduces risk and makes your life easier.
- Brookfield: on the A$5.7 billion acquisition (structured as a dual track scheme of arrangement and conditional takeover offer) of Healthscope Limited, Australia’s second largest private hospital and healthcare services provider.
- Dexus: on the development of a state-of-the-art clinical and research facility within Adelaide’s A$3.6 billion BioMed City precinct in South Australia, and on the development of a private mental health clinic on a green-field site in Western Australia.
- GenesisCare: on the sale and leaseback of a A$110 million national portfolio of healthcare assets, via a competitive process.
- Estia Health: on the pre-IPO acquisitions of the Padman Health and Cook Care including the acquisition of Kennedy Health Care Group, a private aged care business comprising of 8 facilities and 959 operational places across Australia.
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre: on the long term lease arrangements at the new Peter McCallum Cancer Centre and the collaboration, service agreement and subleasing of this hospital in Parkville, Victoria.
- Royal Women’s Hospital, Flemington: on the operating and subleasing arrangements for Frances Perry House, the private hospital within Royal Women’s Hospital in Victoria.
- Epworth Hospitals: on the leasing and asset management for the Epworth Hospitals at Richmond and East Melbourne, Victoria.