Confidence in quality Tier 1 office buildings means they have held their value throughout COVID-19 and the leaders in the market – our clients Dexus, Brookfield, Lendlease and Mirvac – have continued to deliver strong returns.
King & Wood Mallesons is at the forefront of the market-firsts shaping the commercial office industry. Our team provides advice on the full cycle of commercial real estate transactions including development, precommitments, construction, tax, capital partnering, financing and sustainability and is a one stop shop for the largest commercial office clients in Australia.
- Brookfield Properties: on the A$2 billion development of Brookfield Place in Sydney, the A$900 million development of 405 Bourke Street in Melbourne and the A$800 million development of 1 The Esplanade, Elizabeth Quay in Perth.
- GPT: on the A$585 million sale of its 25% interest in landmark Sydney, New South Wales office tower '1 Farrer Place' to Lendlease managed fund APPFC.
- Quay Quarter development: on the circa A$3 billion mixed-use development that will include a new 49-floor premium commercial office tower and three new mixed-use buildings including boutique office and apartment buildings, and a ground level retail and restaurant precinct in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Frasers Property and Winten Property: on the A$750 million office and retail development at Macquarie Park, New South Wales, comprising four mixed-use buildings.
- QIC: on the A$395 million sale of a commercial office tower in Brisbane, Queensland, including advice, documentation and negotiation.