Maximising returns in the oil and gas sector
With demand for energy increasing and the emergence of gas as a transition fuel, clients call on our sector expertise to deliver industry firsts and large, strategic projects.
From initial planning and structuring through to final investment decision and project implementation, our oil and gas lawyers can support you on the most complex and challenging onshore, offshore and floating projects.
Expertise for every step of your project
Our team has the expertise required to support all stages of a project. Operators, service providers, investors, funds, financiers, governments and State agencies all benefit from our in-depth knowledge of the sector.
Our whole-of-chain capability
- Project development and structuring, including taxation, compliance and fundraising
- Equity, joint venture, farm-in and unitisation arrangements
- Inbound and outbound investment and foreign investment regulation
- Commodity sales, off-take agreements and shipping issues
- Project approvals, planning and environment law
- Infrastructure sharing, tolling and common user arrangements
- Infrastructure and construction agreements
- Disputes and arbitration, including price reviews.
Our recent experience
- North West Shelf Joint Venture on the establishment of gas tolling arrangements, including project structuring and gas processing agreements.
- Origin on the exploration and development of the Beetaloo Basin project in the Northern Territory.
- Infigen on the acquisition of the Smithfield Energy Facility; and four fast start gas generators from the State of South Australia.
- Origin on monetisation options for the Ironbark tenement and leading the sale process to Australia Pacific LNG Pty Limited for A$231 million.
- Longview Petroleum LLC on the sale of Sweetpea Petroleum (comprising significant gas assets) to Tamboran Resources and on assorted Beetaloo Basin royalty arrangements.
- BG / QGC on all aspects of the development of the QCLNG project.
- APA Group on the development of the Western Slopes pipeline (for the Narrabri gas project) and the acquisition and upgrade of the Orbost Gas Plant from Cooper Energy.
- Ranked Band 1 Energy & Natural Resources - Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2021
- Ranked Tier 1 Energy (Transactions & Regulatory) - Legal500 Asia Pacific, 2021