Rapid execution and timely closing are the hallmarks of our real estate mergers and acquisitions team
Whatever the size of your transaction, and whether the asset is listed or unlisted, we are renowned for getting deals over the line on time and on budget. We’ve helped buy and sell everything from offices, shopping centres, data centres, student village accommodation, hotels, industrial and logistics property assets – either individually or as part of large portfolios.
Our differentiator, and why clients seek our advice is our cohesive ‘single desk’ delivery that realises and unlocks opportunities and manages risk for clients across the whole of the real estate sector, from FIRB, private equity, funds, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets (equity and debt), banking and finance, capital transactions, planning and environment, tax and stamp duty.
- Singapore Investment Fund: on successful bid to acquire Blackstone’s A$3.8 billion Australian logistics property portfolio.
- Brookfield: A$5.7 billion acquisition of Healthscope Limited including advising on sale and leaseback, FIRB, due diligence and third party debt financing documentation.
- Stockland: advising on the A$620 million acquisition of Halcyon Group’s permanent over 50’s living communities in South East Queensland, including the established, in development and in planning communities.
- Fife Capital: A$825.5 million portfolio sale of Australian core logistics properties.
- Singapore Investment Fund: A$644 million joint venture with Dexus for the acquisition of Rialto Towers, Melbourne, Victoria.
- GPT: A$585 million sale of their 25% interest in landmark Sydney office tower 1 Farrer Place sale to Lendlease managed fund APPFC.
- Dexus/Mercatus: on the A$375 million acquisition of Cbus’ 1/3 interest in 1 Bligh Street, Sydney CBD, New South Wales.
- ASX listed financial services company: A$270 million sale of 140 St Georges Terrace Perth, Western Australia.
- Irongate Group: acquisition of majority interest in Rundle Mall, Adelaide with Fortius as co-investor and on the acquisition of 49.9% interest in 52 and 70 Phillip Street, Sydney CBD.
- Band 1 Real Estate – Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Tier 1 Real Estate – Legal 500