KWM’s funds team spans Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, with over 30 years at the top of the market and the forefront of innovation
With one of the largest dedicated funds teams involved in many ‘firsts’, we have the ability to anticipate trends and provide clients with insights into what is shaping the market from a commercial, legal, tax and regulatory angle.
Whether you are building, managing or diversifying, we offer you commercial, financial and specialist legal insights and advice at fund formation and all stages in the lifecycle of a real estate asset. You will benefit from commercial legal thinking that will help you devise practical solutions, move quickly and do business more easily.
Sponsors, listed Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), fund managers, sovereign wealth funds and local and foreign investors and developers all benefit from our ability to offer a ‘single-desk’ service and co-ordinated document management.
As a full-service international law firm headquartered in Asia, our whole-of-lifecycle knowledge means we can give you unrivalled commercial capability in:
- Funds establishment
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Real estate and infrastructure
- Several large infrastructure fund raisings including large Pan-Asian Funds and Australian infrastructure fund and club and Asian country funds; China Infrastructure Funds and Indian Infrastructure Funds.
- Goodman Hong Kong Logistics Fund: USD$300 million equity raising for acquisition of a majority interest in DP World Asia Limited and the formation of a co-ownership arrangement with DP World, one of the world’s largest container terminal operators.
- Dexus: establishment of Dexus Real Estate Partnership 1, a closed-end, unlisted Australian real estate opportunity fund intended for wholesale investors and the first in a planned series of opportunity funds.
- Singapore Investment Fund: 25% foundation investment in the core portfolio of the Dexus Australian Logistics Trust which had an initial total fund value of A$2 billion.
- Oxford Properties Group: acquisition of a 50% interest in Australian Investa Office Management Holdings including the integrated real estate and fund management platform subsidiary.
- Band 1 Investment Funds – Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Leading Law Firm in Investment Funds – Foreign Firm, Legal 500