Reducing risk and resolving disputes optimally
Leading construction companies, real estate developers, project sponsors and engineering firms rely on King & Wood Mallesons to help manage risk and successfully resolve disputes and disruptive challenges to their business and projects - wherever practicable, without resort to litigation.
Our team in Australia is known for its ability to identify issues in a potential dispute early and provide robust and innovative solutions. We have a reputation for resolving construction and real estate disputes quickly and cost effectively, avoiding litigation and arbitration where possible and using mediation, conciliation, early neutral evaluation and direct negotiation.
This approach has seen us successfully resolve construction and real estate disputes involving road, rail, stadium, energy, mining, airport, port, pipeline, dredging, power, telecommunications, defence, process plant, tunnelling, ticketing, water, waste, commercial, industrial and residential projects.
We take a commercial approach to dispute resolution, starting with a clear understanding of objectives and ending with a cost-effective solution which optimises your position.
- Infrastructure New South Wales: provided strategic advice on a number of disputes (some of them complex) arising between Infrastructure New South Wales’ (as landlord) and Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd (as lessee) under the Agreement for Lease which governs the relocation arrangement of the existing Sydney Fish Market tenants to the new facility which is under construction at Blackwattle Bay.
- CPB Contractors: advising the HYLC Joint Venture in relation to upstream and downstream disputes (including insurance claims) arising from the A$1.85 billion new Royal Adelaide Hospital project, which is claimed to be Australia’s most advanced hospital and the single largest infrastructure project in South Australia’s history.
- Tier 1 Dispute Resolution: Litigation – Legal 500
- Band 1 Real Estate – Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Tier 1 Real Estate – Legal 500