Real estate lawyers who get the deal done
Whether it is major urban renewal projects, channelling foreign capital into and out of Australia, establishing funds, buying and selling, or managing corporate occupation – we can support you right across the real estate asset lifecycle.
Our law firm is the perfect choice for real estate deals that are complex, require speedy execution and closing, or involve multiple jurisdictions and stakeholders with competing interests. We are renowned for our ability to help clients get their deals over the line on time and on budget.
On day-to-day matters we deliver that same premium quality and first-class service in the most cost-effective way. And we do so across the sector – for office, retail, residential and industrial properties, as well as alternative asset classes such as data centres, hotels, retirement villages, marinas, manufactured housing and student accommodation.
We are proud to be the law firm of choice among listed trusts, fund managers, investors, developers, owners and occupiers on all aspects of their real estate transactions.
Unrivalled ‘single desk’ service
Our differentiator, and why clients from across the sector seek our advice, is our cohesive ‘single desk’ delivery that realises and unlocks opportunities and manages risks; including FIRB approvals, private equity, funds, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets (equity and debt), banking and finance, capital transactions, planning and environment, tax and stamp duty.
Highlights of our Australian real estate practice's work include:
- Walker Corporation: on Stages 3, 4, 6 and 8 of the Parramatta Square development comprising community and council facilities and commercial space. This A$3 billion project is transforming the Parramatta CBD in New South Wales.
- Sunshine Coast Council and SunCentral Maroochydore: on the landmark development agreements for the A$2.5 billion development of the Maroochydore City Centre in Queensland, Australia’s largest greenfield CBD project.
- Singapore Investment Fund: on the successful bid to acquire Blackstone’s A$3.8 billion Milestone Australian logistics property portfolio.
- Stockland: A$620 million acquisition of Halcyon Group’s 13 land lease retirement villages in Queensland.
- Saracen Properties: on the development of the new Marriott International Westin hotel in Western Australia.
- Newmark Jam Factory Property Trust: on the A$1.4 billion urban regeneration Jam Factory redevelopment project in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Band 1 Real Estate – Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2021
- Tier 1 Real Estate – Legal 500, 2021