Co-ordinated legal advice on commercial real estate investment
Compelling fundamentals, proximity to the world’s fastest-growing economic region and tax concessions are driving demand for Australian real estate assets from foreign investors.
Expertise across the board
We give you co-ordinated, ‘single-desk’ service, know-how and documentation covering:
- Commercial real estate investment
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Tax and managed investment trusts (MITs)
- Foreign investment and regulatory matters
Our specialist inbound real estate investment lawyers assist Asia-Pacific (China, Hong Kong and Singapore), North American, European and other global real estate investors and managers on the structuring and execution of their investments into listed and unlisted Australian real estate assets. We cover the spectrum of office, commercial, residential, industrial and hospitality sectors, and real estate-related infrastructure.
Our recent experience
- Singapore Investment Fund: investment in, and establishment of, AUD$1 billion logistics development partnership.
- National Pension Service of Korea: acquisition and development of Melbourne Quarter Tower, a new development with an on completion value of AUD$1.2 billion.
- Oxford Properties Group: acquisition of a 50% interest in Australian Investa Office Management Holdings including the integrated real estate and fund management platform subsidiary.
- ICD: AUD$200 million redevelopment of the 125 year old City Tattersalls Club on Pitt Street in Sydney, including securing equity and debt funding from First Sponsor, a Singapore listed global investment house.
- Band 1 Real Estate – Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2021
- Tier 2 Real Estate – Legal 500, 2021