Our specialist team of top tier IP lawyers regularly provide strategic advice and innovative solutions in all areas of advertising and marketing, tailored to our clients’ strategic priorities, appetite for risk and different approaches to doing business.
Not only does our team provide the right mix of consumer law expertise and commercial and disputes strategy, it also offers technical excellence, strong relationships with regulators and a specialised understanding of different regulatory environments. We work closely with clients across a range of industries, including luxury and consumer products and FMCG, IT, biotechnology, therapeutic goods, health, food, technology, communications, education and financial services.
Our team provides strategic insights and advice in relation to the pursuit of claims and defence of allegations to achieve business objectives and minimise risk and exposure. We also advise on new brand strategy and product launches, product innovation and development, promotions, packaging and labelling advice, copy review, advertising contracts, campaigns and celebrity endorsements.
Our clients rely on our commercial and strategic advice to avoid and resolve disputes effectively and efficiently. When disputes arise, we draw on our expertise running complex litigation to prosecute and defend allegations of passing off, misleading or deceptive conduct and infringement of IP rights.
Depth of experience
- Advising on advertising copy and campaigns, including advice on Australian Consumer Law, passing off, copyright and trade mark risk and privacy and data issues
- Advice on specialist regulatory requirements for particular advertising (e.g. therapeutic goods, food, alcohol, industrial and agricultural chemicals, cosmetics)
- Successfully defending a wide range of consumer protection claims brought by the ACCC, other regulators and competitors, including in the context of advertising, packaging and product claims
- Successfully pursuing and defending applications for urgent interlocutory relief, including in the context of new product launches, advertising campaigns and new product claims
- Advising regulators and industry bodies in relation to the changing regulatory landscape applying to particular industries
- Advising on AANA and other industry advertising codes and standards compliance
- Conducting and responding to Ad Standards / Advertising Claims Board disputes
- Advising on classification laws, including in the online environment
- Advising on trade promotions and website terms & conditions
- Advising on music and film licensing in advertising campaigns, including advice on collecting society royalties.
- Ranked Tier 1 Intellectual Property – Legal 500
- Ranked Tier 2 Intellectual Property - Chambers