Good corporate governance practices are critical in protecting businesses against a variety of potential risks and issues, including environmental, social and governance (ESG) concerns.
It is of increasing importance that boards understand not just the “E” but the “S” and the “G” and the impacts that ESG issues are having on:
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities, including their induction and training
- Risk management
- Continuous disclosure
- Responses to regulatory notices and investigations
- Annual reports and sustainability reporting
- Shareholder meetings, investor relations and analyst briefings
- Shareholder relations, including proxy adviser and activist shareholder response strategies
- Regulatory compliance systems
- Remuneration and employee incentive arrangements and plans.
Our advisors work with corporations, institutional investors, and government agencies to manage ESG issues through a strategic commercial lens, applying current insights and deep knowledge of relevant regulations.