Food & Agribusiness lawyers with deep-rooted expertise in the sector
Unprecedented and growing global demand for food and agricultural products, including high-protein, high-quality food and beverages, is a key catalyst and driver for the continually changing and innovating food and agribusiness sector.
With a team of experts based in, or at the doorstep of, the world’s growth markets and engaged across a broad array of projects and matters, we are at the centre of this dynamic landscape.
Investment into, and trade with, Australian and regional agribusinesses and food businesses can be optimised by engaging legal advisers with a full range of legal and regulatory expertise, a deep understanding of the sector, and a strong history of delivering results.
The leading Food & Agribusiness team across Australia
Our long-standing specialist team has a first-class track record advising Australian and multinational businesses and investors (including private equity and funds) on their investments and operational and trade-related issues across:
- primary production and commodities (including horticulture and protein)
- value-added production (including marketing, IP and labelling)
- enabling technologies (such as agtech)
- resources and critical infrastructure (such as water, rail and ports)
- operational issues (including employment, sustainability and environmental compliance).
We are actively involved in regulatory reform initiatives, and clients benefit from our relationships with industry bodies and key advisers (including financiers and property consultants) locally and across international markets. The team also works very closely with our retail & consumer specialist colleagues.
Our approach is underpinned by our overriding client service focus, and the robust resources and depth of a top-tier international law firm, ensuring we provide the best outcomes for you.
As a full service law firm, we have experience and market-leading insights across all aspects of the food and agribusiness sector, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Joint Ventures
- Foreign Investment Approval
- Commercial Agreements
- Funding & Trade Finance
- Property Ownership & Usage Issues
- Infrastructure Access
- Commodities Trading
- Intellectual Property
- Provenance & Labelling Requirements
- Employment & Workplace Safety
- Climate & Sustainability