Specialist advice to help your projects flourish
The energy market has changed considerably over the past decade and will continue to evolve as the world transitions from traditional energy sources such as coal and gas fired generators to greener sources of energy.
The market and underlying technology to support the transition is rapidly advancing; requiring a legal services partner with technical excellence, detailed industry knowledge and regulatory reform expertise.
In a market where innovation is key, our energy lawyers help governments and market bodies, retailers, generators, network service providers, financiers and developers get creative.
As a client, you benefit from our detailed industry knowledge and regulatory reform expertise, which helps you to reduce the risks associated with major developments, acquisitions, sales and leases.
Drawing together expertise across corporate, finance, environment, property and construction, our Projects team provides valuable advice on energy law, including:
- Project development
- Project finance solutions
- Acquiring and divesting energy assets
- Negotiating project agreements
- Connection and off-take arrangements
- Panel and inverter supply arrangements, including warranties and guarantees, and handover and interface issues
- Regulatory compliance
- Land options and leases, including rental and revenue-sharing arrangements
- State development and environmental approvals
- Federal environmental and Foreign Investment Review Board approvals
- Project financing
- PPAs or other offtake agreements
- Participation in mini-grids, peer-to-peer energy trading, embedded networks and Virtual Power Plants
- Behind the meter arrangements (smart-meters, load controllers, solar, storage including EVs).