The pressure on boards and executives to implement and maintain robust governance and compliance processes is greater than ever before.
Our strength in corporate governance advisory lies in our approach – our practitioners are fully abreast of the developments that will affect our clients.
In Australia, our stand alone Corporate Governance team provides innovative and pragmatic solutions for boards, general counsel, senior executives and company secretaries. To do this, we combine expertise in corporate law, dispute resolution, ESG, tax, cybersecurity, financial regulation (including anti-money laundering), anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery, investigations and inquiries.
We provide tailored solutions for all kinds of enterprises, including heavily regulated sectors, across the full range of governance related matters; from clients listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to not-for-profit organisations.
We regularly advise clients on:
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities, including director’s induction and training
- Conflicts management
- Continuous disclosure
- Board decisions
- Responses to regulator notices and investigations
- Annual reports, including directors’, remuneration and financial reports
- Shareholder meetings, investor relations and analyst briefings
- Shareholder relations, including proxy adviser and activist shareholder response strategies
- Constitutions, committee charters, governance policies and governance processes
- Regulatory compliance systems
- Remuneration, termination benefits and employee incentive arrangements and plans
- Securities and insider trading issues
- Accountability structures, BEAR and FAR
- D&O and deeds of access, indemnity and insurance
- Company secretarial services.