With Australian infrastructure facing unprecedented demand, significant investment and development is required to remove impediments to future economic growth. King & Wood Mallesons is both a thought leader and trusted legal adviser to public and private players in planning and delivering large-scale and critical infrastructure projects.
Our team has extensive experience in the oil and gas, energy and resources, economic and social infrastructure, real estate and telecommunications sectors, both within Australia and internationally. Market leaders in the field, we provide a full range of specialist construction legal services to help bring your project to life.
We can assist you on the complex legal, financial and commercial issues which may arise during the development and delivery of major resources and infrastructure projects, from acquisition, financing, project structuring and risk management, procurement, project implementation and contract administration through to dispute resolution.
Our focus is on offering commercial, innovative, end-to-end solutions to help you successfully deliver your project.
Our expertise has been sought by government and private owners, sponsors, financiers and contractors to guide them through the latest forms of project delivery and financing.
- Lightsource Development Services Australia: development of the Wellington Solar Farm, including land acquisition, PPA, connection, EPC and O&M. We are continuing to advise Lightsource BP on the project now as it proceeds through the construction and commissioning phase.
- Sydney Motorway Corporation: on the M4-M5 Link Tunnels Project in Sydney - the final and most critical component of WestConnex, New South Wales.
- Destination Brisbane Consortium: on construction of the A$5 billion Queens Wharf Brisbane casino and resort development in Queensland.
- CECEP Wind Power Corporation: on the development of the Coppabella wind farm in New South Wales.
- Infrastructure NSW: on the new Powerhouse Museum and precinct development in Sydney, New South Wales.
- APA Group: on the development of its Orbost Gas Processing Plant, Georgina Power Station and Thomson Power Station.
- Brookfield: on the construction documentation for its A$360 million development at One The Esplanade, Perth, comprising a 29 storey commercial tower which will form new headquarters for Chevron, in Western Australia.
- Infrastructure NSW: strategic advice on a number of disputes (some of them complex) arising between Infrastructure New South Wales (as landlord) and Sydney Fish Market Pty Ltd (as lessee) under the Agreement for Lease which governs the relocation arrangement of the existing Sydney Fish Market tenants to the new facility which is under construction at Blackwattle Bay, New South Wales.
- CPB Contractors: advising the HYLC Joint Venture in relation to upstream and downstream disputes (including insurance claims) arising from the A$1.85 billion new Royal Adelaide Hospital project, South Australia.
- Tier 1 Construction – Legal 500
- Band 1 Project Finance – Chambers and Partners