Most industries are facing into a world of increasing regulation, emerging markets and new opportunities, changing customer preferences and activist regulators.
We stand at the forefront of competition and regulatory issues, navigating evolving policy, regulatory and industry landscapes to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
Our passion for our clients’ businesses means that we are always attuned to your strategic objectives and commercial imperatives when navigating a pathway through complex competition and regulatory challenges. We offer deep insights that stretch beyond the law, gained through our strong relationships with regulators and active participation in policy debates at all levels.
Our globally recognised elite practice encompasses all aspects of competition and consumer law, as well as related regulation, compliance and market studies.
We assist clients across all industry sectors, including:
- Financial services
- Consumer and retail
- Energy and resources
- Agribusiness and food
- Transport and infrastructure
- Healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
Our expertise in action
Our landmark and recent experience includes acting on:
- Merger control: Google’s acquisition of Fitbit; BPay/eftpos/NPPA payment platform merger; NAB’s acquisition of neo bank 86 400; Willis Towers Watson’s merger with Aon.
- Cartels: Norcast v Bradken; ACCC v Flight Centre; ACCC v Yazaki; ANZ capital raising criminal cartel action.
- Consumer protection: ACCC prosecutions of Medibank Private, Samsung, Kimberly Clarke Australia, Telstra and Onavo Inc, as well as defending Telstra, LG and Proctor & Gamble in private actions alleging misleading conduct.
- Regulatory market studies: all recent major ACCC market studies/inquiries including the Digital Platforms Inquiry; Digital Advertising Services Inquiry; Digital Platform Services Inquiry; Electricity Market monitoring; Gas Inquiry; Retail Electricity Inquiry; Dairy Inquiry; Perishable Agricultural Goods Inquiry; Residential Mortgage Inquiry; Home Loan Inquiry; Foreign Currency Conversion Services Inquiry; Murray-Darling Basin Water Markets Inquiry.
- Access and infrastructure regulation: access and infrastructure arrangements and disputes, including reviews of essential infrastructure regulation across energy, telecommunications, rail, ports, transport, airports and water.