The results you want
We provide sophisticated global borrowers, sponsors and lenders with a deep bench of specialists bringing the latest market knowledge, commercial focus and an efficient, client-centric, solutions-oriented approach to transactions.
Our core experience in corporate finance is supplemented by specialised knowledge across all key product areas and sectors..
Expertise in all aspects of corporate finance
In addition to acting on market-leading syndicated bank debt facilities for both lenders and borrowers, our corporate finance lawyers have particular expertise in:
- Green & Sustainability Linked Financing
- Corporate Acquisition Facilities
- Pre- and Post-Initial Public Offering Financing
- Multi-Tranche Financings & Intercreditor Arrangements – including US Private Placement (USPP), Australian (AMTN) and Euro (EMTN) Medium-Term Notes, Syndicated Bank Debt & Bilateral Tranches
- Receivables Financing, Borrowing Base Facilities, Trade/Export Financing & Structured Commodity Finance
- Term Loan B and High-Yield Financing
- Financing of Regulated Assets & Infrastructure.
Our experience includes:
- Endeavour Group Limited: on A$2.5 billion of unsecured syndicated and bilateral facilities, to support the business post-demerger from Woolworths Group Limited.
- Flight Centre: advising NAB and its affiliates in relation to the provision of a multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional bank guarantee and letter of credit facility to the Flight Centre Travel Group globally.
- Latitude Financial Services: on its corporate debt facilities in conjunction with its IPO.
- QBE: acting on all of its banking arrangements as the author of its A$5 billion bank facilities, most of which are governed by English law, including EMTN and local Debtor-in-possession (DIP) programme, syndicated facilities and structured letter of credit arrangements (including A$2 billion Funds at Lloyds and Tier II capital instruments).
- Ramsay Health Care: on the establishment of its A$1.5 billion multi-currency syndicated sustainability-linked loan facility.
- SEEK: acting for SEEK on its global financing arrangements, including its syndicated facilities and capital markets issuances comprising of Facility A (A$362.5 million), Facility B (A$250 million), Facility C (US$252.5 million), Facility D (US$100 million) and Facility E (US$200 million).
- Sydney Airport: advised Sydney Airport on its A$1.5 billion syndicated sustainability linked syndicated facilities.
- Telstra: acting for Telstra on all of its financing arrangements, including its syndicated and bilateral lending facilities and its A$1 billion revolving facility for general corporate funding.
- Transurban: advising Transurban on its A$14 billion debt portfolio, including the restructuring of its corporate security/intercreditor platform and associated global consent process, syndicated and bilateral facilities, AMTN debt programme and establishment, EMTN programme establishment and all issuances (Reg S, Canada, Swiss, Euro, Norway, etc), and Rule 144A issuances.
- Victorian Power Networks: financings totalling over A$3 billion through AMTN, USPP and Syndicated Loans.
- National Storage: acted as Lender counsel for club bank facilities from a number of domestic banks.
- Newcrest Mining: acted on unsecured Bilateral Bank Lending Facilities with its existing 13 bank lenders, extending the maturity dates. Each bank committed approximately US$154 million in facilities for an overall unchanged quantum of US$2 billion on similar commercial terms for Newcrest.
- Banco Santander and Deutsche Bank: on a first of its kind receivables financing of the payments due under EPC contracts for three separate wind farms. The financings were subject to ECA support provided by EKF (in the case of the Santander transaction) and Sinosure (in the case of the DB transaction).
Our team is recognised year after year by the leading directories including Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as a Band 1 practice.
- Borrower legal counsel: #1 by value and volume (Bloomberg, Australia, 2020)
- Issuer legal counsel: #1 by volume and value (Bloomberg and Refinitiv, Australia, 2020)
- Band, Banking & Finance: Corporate Finance: Chambers Asia Pacific, Australia, 2021
- Band 1, Banking & Finance, Legal 500, Asia Pacific, Australia, 2021
- Tier 1, Banking: IFLR1000, Australia, 2021