Tim Bednall practices in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance. Tim has advised Commonwealth and State governments and a number of leading companies in major M&A transactions, including Fairfax, Macquarie, China Molybdenum, Medibank Private, Brambles, BG Group, Telstra, Alinta Energy, Challenger, Glencore / Xstrata, ASX, Stockland and Westpac.
Tim was the Chairman of the Australian partnership of KWM from January 2010 to December 2012, during which time the combination between King & Wood and Mallesons Stephen Jaques was negotiated and implemented. He was also Managing Partner of M&A and Tax for KWM Australia from 2013 to 2014, and Managing Partner of KWM Europe and Middle East from 2016 to 2017.
Tim's recent work highlights include:
- Commonwealth Government: Advising on projects relating to Covid-19 vaccines; Influenza vaccines; ANSTO; NBN and Snowy 2.0
- Westpac: Advising Westpac on its proposed demerger of Westpac New Zealand
- Fairfax: Advising Fairfax on its $2bn merger with Nine Entertainment
- Commonwealth Government: Advising the Commonwealth Government on the A$6.2bn acquisition of State interests in Snowy Hydro Ltd
- AMP, IAG, Macquarie Group, Westpac, Bank of America, Allianz, Rio Tinto, Dexus, KPMG, NDIS: Advising on various governance and regulatory matters.