Simon Cooke specialises in competition, consumer and regulatory law. Simon advises clients on all aspects of competition/anti-trust law as well as matters involving energy, telecommunications and financial regulation, consumer law issues, franchising, and general commercial law.
Simon regularly provides advice on competition law issues arising from major transactions such as mergers, and compliance with Australia's competition laws. He also works for a number of the firm's major clients on commercial matters such infrastructure access regimes, supply and distribution agreements, commodity hedging/derivatives instruments and consumer contracts.
Simon also specialises in energy regulation, advising several clients in relation to Australian electricity and gas regulatory issues, and he is a member of KWM's Agribusiness team.
Simon's work highlights include:
- Flight Centre: Competition and consumer law issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- IRESS: In its acquisition of OneVue.
- Port of Melbourne: During and following the Essential Services Commission's 2020 Market Rent Inquiry.
- Bank of Queensland: Acquisition of Me Bank.
- QSuper: Merger with SunSuper.