Philip is a specialist in capital markets, banking and finance and bank supervision and regulation.
He regularly advises on issues involving transaction structuring (particularly in connection with capital raisings), and all aspects of the Australian and international debt capital markets, including interest withholding tax, the issue of hybrid and convertible instruments and bank supervision and regulation.
"His understanding and attention to detail are extremely good." He's one of the most recognised capital markets lawyers in Australia.
Philip's work highlights include
- Afterpay: Offering and issuance of A$1,500,000,000 unsecured zero coupon convertible notes with a maturity of March 2026 ("Notes")
- NextEra Energy: Issued A$500,000,000 2.200% Fixed Rate Notes due 2 December 2026 in December 2019
- Virgin Money: Virgin Australia A$ Programme Update (acting for Dealers) and Virgin Australia Holdings Limited - issue of A$250,000,000 8.075% Fixed Rate Notes due 5 March 2024 (Series 2, Tranche 1)
- Korea Southern Power: Issued A$300,000,000 Floating Rate Notes due 30 October 2024 in October 2019
- CNH Industrial Capital: Limited issued A$175,000,000 2.10% Notes due 12 December 2022 in December 2019.