Murray Kellock specialises in employment, industrial relations and work health and safety law. He has significant experience in advising employers in various industries including banking and financial services, telecommunications, property and construction, manufacturing, maritime/shipping, transport, IT, insurance, government, food production, tertiary education and electricity.
Murray has consistently advised on a wide range of very high-profile matters for our top blue-chip clients and his very broad client base further reinforces the strength of Murray's claim as one of Australia's leading workplace relations practitioners.
Murray’s expertise includes:
- all matters arising under the Fair Work Act 2009
- contractual arrangements for Chief Executive Officers and other senior executives, remuneration strategies and plans and performance management
- complex workplace investigations into allegations of breach of employment obligations, whistleblower complaints, and bullying and harassment
- executive termination benefits provisions of the Corporations Act
- termination of employment, unfair dismissal and bullying
- policies and procedures around equal employment opportunity/sexual harassment, parental leave, fitness for work, and whistleblowing
- advising on the application of modern awards and the National Employment Standards
- workplace rights and protections from adverse action, discrimination, and sham contracting
- drafting provisions and enforcing rights of employers in relation to poaching of business and employees, intellectual property and confidential information, and fraud
- enterprise bargaining strategies and responses to industrial action
- workplace health and safety advisory work including assisting clients with legal compliance audits and due diligence
- incident management and investigations in relation to workplace fatalities and serious injuries
Murray has for some time, and continues to be, nominated as a leading individual in employment law by Chambers.