Mark McFarlane creates innovative solutions for local and foreign participants in financial services, private equity and other structured funds, hedge funds, structured transactions, club deals and consortiums. Mark has put together a number of joint ventures to invest in real estate and debt assets. He is regularly sought out to review and advise on the most complex arrangements.
Mark has assisted clients in a wide variety of transactions in Australia and Asia. Mark has assisted many foreign participants in the financial services industry comply with regulatory requirements in accessing Australian sources of capital.
Mark's work highlights include:
- Legal due diligence on investment by institutional LP investors into over 200 private equity, venture capital, debt, hedge and infrastructure funds in Europe, the United States, Asia and Australia.
- Establishment of private funds and consortiums
- Acquisitions and diligence on financial services companies, asset managers, hedge fund managers
- Licensing and securities law advice for foreign hedge fund managers; private equity managers; asset managers; broker/ dealers and registered investment advisers from offshore jurisdictions including the United States, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Advise on financial markets and exchange regulation.