Katherine is an industry leader in financial services regulation. Her leading practice deals with regulatory issues for banks and other financial institutions on key strategic issues.
Katherine is sought out to provide advice on major regulator investigations, strategic compliance and complaints issues, and proactive compliance reviews on complex areas (e.g. responsible lending, other credit and financial services issues and privacy breaches), and the strategic decisions based on the outcomes of these reviews.
"It is difficult to think of anyone else in this space who would have the same level of expertise." She has "extensive knowledge and experience especially in consumer credit and consumer banking requirements, litigation and regulator issues." - Chambers & Partners.
Katherine's work highlights include:
- ABA: Advising on the preparation of the Banking Code of Practice.
- Reserve Bank of Australia: Advising on its regulatory status, payment system products and white labelling projects for its government clients.
- Various: Advising major banks and others on consumer credit and ACL matters, including original structures, products, distribution, regulatory investigations & compliance.
- Australian bank: Advising on Royal Commission matters including complaints and remediation practices.
- Bank of Queensland: Advising on the BCoP and RG 565 document suite rewrites.