David Wilman is General Counsel EUME, Chief Operating Officer (UK) and Employment and Pensions Partner, and works in the London offices of King & Wood Mallesons.
Responsible for providing legal advice on all aspects of employment and pensions law, his work has included mergers and acquisitions, large, medium and small corporate transactions, contractual and statutory issues such as unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE and tribunal claims, Pensions Trust work for trustees and companies, closure of defined benefit pension scheme and all aspects of the employment/pensions law interface including the closure of defined benefit pension schemes.
Having qualified as a barrister in 2001, he joined the Employment and Pensions Group at King & Wood Mallesons in 2008. David was an officer in the Royal Navy where he saw active service and, more latterly, as a naval barrister provided legal advice to the Command on a range of subjects.
- Transdigm Group Inc –asset acquisition of an aircraft businesses from General Electric Company, Inc for Transdigm Group Inc, in the UK.
- Lion Capital LLC – on the purchase/sale of All Saints Retail and Jimmy Choo
- FleetCor Technologies – representing Logica plc on their joint venture on a worldwide IT contract to support Royal Dutch Shell's Commercial Fleet in Europe and Asia.
- Amcor – acting on the £2.5 billion multi-jurisdictional purchase by Amcor of Alcan Packaging from Rio Tinto
- Marks & Spencer plc – acting on the restructuring of their entire logistics support network
- Litigated a gross misconduct
- Litigated an injunction followed by a damages claim for £160 million for the alleged theft of confidential material and intellectual property in the form of software code.
- Advised on the merits of a class action by 350 employees in relation to their pension scheme against a major bank providing them with the opportunity to reclaim substantial sums of money.
- General Counsel of the Bar
- Chartered Management Institute.