Nicola specialises in advising betting and gaming, media and technology companies on general contractual disputes, shareholder and agency disputes, fraud and asset-tracing claims.
Recent cases include acting for:
- A derivatives, equity and commodity trading house in fraud proceedings in the Commercial Court against an ex-employee and an ex-consultant
- A manufacturer of mobile phones in relation to proceedings to determine the terms of a licence
- An online gaming company in proceedings against its insurer
- A number of individuals and companies in a case involving allegations of fraud and misappropriation
- A telecommunications company in proceedings related to the termination of an agreement
- An online betting company to obtain negative declarations in relation to liability for gambling losses
- A mortgage lender in a case involving allegations of fraud, breach of trust, breach of contract and negligence against a firm of solicitors
- A Canadian animation company to obtain freezing order relief in support of proceedings in Canada involving allegations of fraud and misappropriation
- A bank to obtain a freezing order and ancillary disclosure.
Nicola was also seconded to Hilton in London, 1998.
Show moreShow less
Legal 500 said:
- Nicola is “a well-regarded practitioner”
- She has “that rare combination of being diligent and calm under pressure, whilst able to be aggressive when needed”
- She is “brilliant with clients and has a very winning manner, and yet is very tough”.
- 'Coming in from the cold', Commercial Litigation Journal, July/August 2011
- 'Doing your duty', Commercial Litigation Journal, January/February 2012
- 'Paper chase', Commercial Litigation Journal, May/June 2012
- 'Reforming bribery', Legal Hub, 9 January 2009
- 'Corporate reputation management: How to protect your biggest asset', The In-House Lawyer, February 2008
- 'Reputation management', Hedge Fund Journal, March 2008
- 'Online defamation: Tackling e-libel', Commercial Litigation Journal, April 2008
- 'Under the microscope: Internal investigations', The In-House Lawyer, October 2008
- 'Breaking up is hard to do', The In-House Lawyer, July 2007.