Combining commercial experience and technical expertise for food and drink brands
Food and drink is a key component of our work in the Consumer & Retail sector. Advising our extensive client base has allowed us to develop an in-depth understanding of this dynamic sector, as well as the key challenges and emerging trends.
We advise clients on:
- Private equity
- Competition and regulatory
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
Our experience includes advising:
- Lion Group, one of Australia's leading food and beverage businesses, on a wide range of matters its privatisation by Kirin; its acquisition of beer company Little World Beverages and wine companies Petaluma Limited and Banksia Wines Limited; its acquisition and sale of China brewing assets, and its migration from New Zealand to Australia
- Paine & Partners, a private equity firm that invests globally in food and agribusiness companies, on their investment in the Costa Group, Australia's largest private producer, marketer and exporter of fresh fruit, vegetables and grains
- Spirits International BV, the owner of the famous Stolichnaya vodka brand, in relation to the ownership of the Stolichnaya trademark
- Nestlé on a broad range of matters including IP and M&A transactions in Australia
- Hong Kong's FU JI Food and Catering Services Holdings on its restructuring
"A top-tier firm offering consistently high quality and incredible depth and breadth."