We know commercial real estate investment
Our specialist real estate investment lawyers support leading Chinese and Asian, North American, European and other global real estate investors and managers on the structuring and execution of their investments into listed and unlisted real estate assets in markets around the world.
We cover the spectrum of office, retail, residential, industrial and hospitality sectors coordinated through a 'single desk' service. Our international team offers you unrivalled capability and assistance on commercial real estate investments, including:
- Major acquisitions and disposals, often comprising portfolios of properties
- Property development for retail, office, industrial and leisure
- Joint ventures including contractual arrangements, trusts and partnerships
- Establishing real estate funds
- Acquiring space for occupiers
- Transactions related to property lending, development and financing, and securitisation and cash flow
- Real estate investment trust advice and indirect investment structures for corporate and financial clients.
- Foreign investment and regulatory capability
- Tax structuring.
Show moreShow less
Our work highlights include:
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its investment in the landmark AUD 6 billion Barangaroo South Commercial Precinct development in Sydney
- Advising Invesco as investment manager for a Chinese sovereign wealth fund, on the acquisition of Centennial Plaza in Sydney
- British Land on their Joint Ventures with Blackstone and GIC relating to the Broadgate office complex in the City of London. We also advised on their Joint Venture with Oxford Properties for the development of 122 Leadenhall Street (known as the Cheesegrater) in London
- British Land on the acquisition of Aviva's Paddington Central estate for £470 million. The purchase was exceptional for its speed, diversity and legal complexity
- Corestate Capital, the specialist Swiss private investor, on the acquisition of a portfolio of 4,700 flats in Western Germany from BCP Investment S.ar.l, for €150 million
- Pamfleet's property fund focused on distressed asset-repositioning property investments: advising Pamfleet (a real estate investment manager) on the establishment of Pamfleet Real Estate Fund in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Guangzhou R & F Properties Corporation US Dollar Bonds Issuance: advising Guangzhou R & F Properties Corporation (one of the largest integrated real estate companies in China) on its successful issue of US dollar bonds, including USD 400 million denominated in senior notes at an interest rate of 8.75% and maturing in 2020.
"The firm is responsive, supportive, and gives excellent service. They went above and beyond the call for us."